24 September 2009

I THINK I still remember English....

Well, I can hardly believe it's been almost three weeks since I last posted something! The time is flying by. But at the same time, it feels like Jill and I have been here for so long - I feel so comfortable and happy here.

Jillian and I have 8 or 9 students each at this time, and all of our lessons fall on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. We meet for an hour with each student, and I am really enjoying getting to know my students. I like figuring out what they enjoy studying, and different ways to get keep them interested. I have one female student especially who is very interested in studying the Bible and learning more about the church in Florence. She comes at 9:00pm and usually she stays for a couple of hours. I am really enjoying our time together. I invited her to come to church with me sometime so that she could see firsthand what we're about, and she was definitely open to that. Lessons are always interesting, because every student is different, and they are also all on different levels in their English abilities.

We are working on getting a service project together that the HUF students, our English students, and hopefully some Italian students can get involved in. We are having the HUF students over for a devo, meal, and AI info session on Sunday night. I have invited a few of my English students to come and practice their English, and I think a few of them want to.

Friday is Rosa's, the AI cook, 25th anniversary of working at the Bible School! She is wonderful, and she works so hard to feed us. We love her and appreciate all that she does for us.

My gramma is coming to visit! She arrives next week, and will probably stay with us for a month. Yay! Also my friend Beverly Rose will be arriving soon - the middle/end of October. It's always nice to see people from back home.

Our Thursday night Bible studies at the church have started up again. Dad is wanting to start a conversational English class at 6:30pm, have a light supper with our students, and then invite them to stay for the Bible study at 8:00pm. Hopefully we can get things in order to make that happen.

All in all things are going wonderfully here! Thank you all for your love and support - we feel it in so many ways. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment