19 August 2009

Il mio telefonino non c'e' di piu'!

Well, the slide into Italy begins!

Training comes to a close on Friday. We have had a wonderful two weeks, with teachers who have taught us SO much. I am lucky to live in a place where there are so many quality Christian men, who just happen to be fantastic teachers to boot. :) It has been intense, I will admit, but we are going so much better prepared! Thank you to everyone who opened their homes to us and fed us amazing meals - in all seriousness, we didn't have the same meal twice, and every single one was DELICIOUS.

Today I also killed my cell phone - literally and once and for all. I canceled my cellular plan, so if you need to reach me, the best way is by email or facebook. My email address is ewoodroof@harding.edu. That felt a little weird...I have had that phone number (and a cell phone) for five years, and now I can't be contacted automatically!! Whatever will I do? Ahh, nothing. A little break from technology will do me good. Provided that I can keep my computer. haha!

If I haven't started packing as of yet, I have at least started "sifting" through things that I want to take, things I can store, and things to take to His House. Plenty of time for all that! Hmmm.

So it seems I have everything in order! Oh. Except for my VISA still hasn't come. I was told it would be here the first week of August, and I have seen neither hide nor hair. This wouldn't be so detrimental, except that my passport is with my VISA! Wherever that may be. Also the Houston Consulate doesn't exactly rely on any form of modern communication to communicate with the people they work with. By that I mean that they aren't answering emails, picking up the telephone, or replying to faxes. All of which I (and Howard) have done with nothing to show for it. By some miracle, Howard (and I must) believe that it will come sailing into my hands the day before I leave. He says that this happens sometimes. Boh. I am flying standby out of Dallas, so I may have to be there a little longer than anticipated waiting for VISA to come. Gramma will be so disappointed! ;)

I know that everything will work out, and that I will get to Italy, so I am just waiting and praying that it works out SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment